Thursday 26 August 2010

My First Post!

My First Post

Well...I've finally crumbled and decided to start a blog! Hopefully it will provide some insight on being a working bass player in the UK. Now you've all read blogs and diaries of famous bands on the road but this will offer a look into how 99% of musicians have to deal with touring, recording, rehearsing and all things music related. So it will be un-cut, opinionated, stark, and not all that glamourous but real. Exactly what I want it to be.

I'm playing tonight with Sack Sabbath in Wolverhampton at a venue called The Robin 2. It's been a mixed bag for me this venue but holds a dear memory as it was my first ever gig for Sack Sabbath to a packed out crowd of around 300. Since then it has been a tough venue to get more than a 100 folks in and we've been shafted by the owner once because the organising band signed a contract without looking at it! Tools.

Will update my blog later and let everyone know how it went, post a few pics and anything else that pops up!

Take care,
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment